In celebration of Smoky Lake’s 10th anniversary, this year’s video contest is going to be the BIGGER AND BETTER than ever before! We’re awarding DOUBLE the weekly prizes for FOUR exciting weeks in a row!
Smoky Lake has come a looooong way in the last 10 years, so we thought it would be fitting for this year’s contest theme to be “Before and After”. Let’s see YOUR achievements! Regardless of whether those achievements happened over the course of 10 years or over the course of a single season, we can’t wait to see YOUR “before and after”. Has Smoky Lake changed / affected / improved the way you approach maple syrup production in any way?
From March 27 – April 17 the Smoky Lake crew will vote on their top TWO video entries EACH FRIDAY and we’ll spin the prize wheel to see what they’ve won. Top prize each week will be a $500 gift certificate for SmokyLakeMaple.com. PLUS for EVERY eligible video submitted, Smoky Lake will make a $5 donation to the nonprofit, Oceana, to help with ocean clean up.
- March 27: Winner TBD
- April 3: Winner TBD
- April 10: Winner TBD
- April 17: Winner TBD
How to Submit a Video:
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- When prompted, give your video an appropriate title/description.
- When prompted, cut and paste the below “tags” into the “tags” field. This helps YouTube interpret your video content and helps with their video cataloging. (Also add any other additional, relevant tags of your own, such as the name of the type of equipment you are demonstrating.)
Smoky Lake, Maple, Syrup, Equipment, How To, DIY
- Make sure the video is set to PUBLIC (not private) so that we can watch it.
- Post a link to your YouTube video on our Facebook page. Do NOT email it to us. In your post, include hashtag #BeforeAndAfter to indicate that the video is intended for the contest. The hashtag also allows folks find your video using Facebook’s search bar.
IMPORTANT: SMOKY LAKE CAN NOT UPLOAD A VIDEO ON YOUR BEHALF. ALSO, SMOKY LAKE CAN NOT TROUBLESHOOT ANYTHING RELATED SUBMITTING A VIDEO. Sorry!
- Two minutes or less. (If your video is longer than 2 minutes, only the first 2 minutes will be judged.)
- Within the video, state your name/location.
- Video must include a shot of Smoky Lake maple equipment in action.
- Video must interpret this year’s theme, “Before and After”.
How Winners Are Determined/Announced:
The crew at Smoky Lake headquarters will be asked to vote for their favorite two videos each week. All videos which have been submitted according to the “How to Submit a Video” instructions, abide by the “Video Guidelines” and follow the general contest rules will be considered. Gender, race, religion and sexual orientation do NOT influence who is chosen as a winner.
Winning videos and their prizes will be announced within 7 days of the judging. Note that we may announce/share the winning video and spin the prize wheel on two separate days. Visit our Facebook page each week from March 27 – April 17, 2020. We will also announce the winners and their prizes here on this page.
If you are announced as a winner, contact send Angela a message within two (2) weeks of the announcement to claim your prize. You will need to send us your first and last name, email address and mailing address. We may ask you a few quick questions to confirm that you meet our eligibility requirements. Failing to communicate with us within the two (2) week time frame means you forfeit your prize.
Rules and Other Details:
- Prize will be granted in the form of a gift code which will be redeemable on SMOKYLAKEMAPLE.COM ONLY and this gift code MUST be entered at the time of purchase. Hence, the gift code can NOT be redeemed on products/orders which are not featured on the website and cannot be applied toward older orders. Expiration date of the gift code will be two years from issue date.
- Each qualifying video entry is eligible to win that week’s prize, and will also remain in the pool of eligible videos for the remainder of the contest. So enter early for the most opportunities to win.
- It is indeed possible for NO prize to be awarded in a given week if there are no new videos submitted or if the remaining videos submitted are opposed for any reason. In this scenario, the judges may choose to postpone awarding that week’s prize or skip that week altogether. So far in the history of Smoky Lake video contests, this has never happened and hopefully never will.
- If Smoky Lake Maple Products chooses a winner, but that winner is later proven to have been ineligible, Smoky Lake Maple Products reserves the right to revoke all benefits/rewards.
- There is NO LIMIT to the quantity of videos you submit as long as the videos adhere to the Video Guidelines above. Submit as many videos as you wish. We can’t wait to see them!
- If a video entry was created by more than one person, there is still one prize per winning video. Please choose one representative to contact Angela to claim the prize. If Angela is contacted by more than one person who was identified in the video, she will work with the first one that contacts her.
- You will need a free YouTube and Facebook account to upload/submit the video. (See “How to Submit a Video” above.) Smoky Lake will NOT upload your video for you nor will we provide technical support for videos/social media.
- You do NOT need fancy video equipment to create, edit or submit a video. Using a smartphone is perfectly acceptable.
- Employees, dealers and vendors of Smoky Lake Maple Products and their immediate family members (parent, sibling, spouse or child) are NOT eligible to win.
- By submitting a video in this contest, you are granting Smoky Lake permission to share your video with others.
- By submitting a video in this contest, you certify that all the individuals who appear in the video have approved of appearing in your video. If there are minors in your video, you must have written consent from their legal guardians.
- Please never put yourself or others in harms way when filming your video. Even if you did manage to pull off a crazy stunt without hurting anyone, you might still give us a heart attack. Exercise common sense and general safety.
- By entering this promotion you agree to release and hold harmless Smoky Lake Maple Products, LLC and each of its respective employees, agents and affiliates from any and all liability for an injury, loss or damage arising from or in connection with any prize won.
- No purchase necessary to win. Void where prohibited.
- Smoky Lake Maple Products reserves the right to modify, clarify or otherwise update these rules at any time without notice.
Raising Money for Charity
For every eligible video submitted to the contest, Smoky Lake will make a $5 donation to Oceana. Founded in 2001, Oceana is the largest international group focused solely on ocean conservation. This is a cause that affects us all. Oceans are global and impact the health of people, wildlife and economies everywhere.
Mission Statement: Oceana seeks to make our oceans as rich, healthy, and abundant as they once were.
This charity is not affiliated with Smoky Lake in any way. We have simply chosen them as a beneficiary of this video contest in our efforts to promote a healthy planet and give back to our world.
We can’t wait to see your videos! Good luck!