This is maple season! Time to shake off the cabin fever and have some fun. Bring on the excitement of “juicy trees”, roaring evaporators and crystal clear, beautiful maple syrup…
This is our 3rd annual video contest and we’re offering bigger weekly prizes than ever before. Each Friday between March 16 – April 6 the Smoky Lake crew will vote on their favorite video entry and we’ll spin the prize wheel to see what you’ve won. We can’t wait to see videos of you having fun with your Smoky Lake Maple equipment.
In conjunction with this promotion, we’ll also be making weekly donations to The Livestrong Foundation in honor of our friends and family who are either currently battling cancer or who are cancer survivors. The value of each week’s prize + donation will always total $500.
MISSION: The Livestrong Foundation believes that unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. Our programs, awareness events and advocacy work are the heart of what we do and our leaders and donors provide both the vision and the support for us to carry out our mission. Since 1997, we’ve been working to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. We started as a small group trying to raise money to fight this disease. As cancer has quietly become the world’s leading cause of death, our work has expanded and now reaches every corner of the globe. We empower the cancer community to address the unmet needs of cancer survivors. To do so, we encourage collaboration, knowledge-sharing and partnership.
We will spin the wheel each week to determine the prize. (See prize wheel below!) The Starla and Bobbin sections of the wheel are wild cards. Who knows what they will pick as a prize? It will be a surprise!
- March 16: Winner is Jim Shubsda. The prize is $400 to SmokyLakeMaple.com. Smoky Lake will also be donating $100 in honor of those we love who are fighting cancer.
- March 23: Winner is Maple Rush in Maine. The prize is $300 to SmokyLakeMaple.com. Smoky Lake will also donate $200 to help folks with cancer.
- March 30: Winner is Kyle Gay of Mnisota Maple. The prize is $200 to SmokyLakeMaple.com. Smoky Lake will also donate $300 to help those we love who are fighting caner.
- April 6 – DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY, APRIL 9, NOON CST:
Winner is Jay Gordon of Nelsonville, Wisconsin. The prize is $200 to SmokyLakeMaple.com. Smoky Lake will also donate $300 to help those we love who are fighting cancer.
How to Submit a Video:
- Upload your video to YouTube. When prompted, give your video an appropriate title/description/tags to help folks find your video in YouTube search results. Make sure the video is set to PUBLIC (not private) so that we can watch it.
- Post a link to your YouTube video on our Facebook page. Do NOT email it to us. Post on our page. For more details on how to do this, click here.
- Write #SLMP2018 in your Facebook post (along with your video link). This will indicate that the video is part of the contest and it will also allow people find your video using Facebook’s search bar.
- Two minutes or less. (If your video is longer than 2 minutes, only the first 2 minutes will be judged.)
- Within the video, state your name/location.
- Video must show Smoky Lake maple equipment in action.
- Have fun!
How Winners Are Determined:
The crew at Smoky Lake headquarters will be asked to vote for their favorite video each week. All videos which have been submitted according to the “How to Submit a Video” instructions, abide by the “Video Guidelines” and follow the general contest rules will be considered. Gender, race, religion and sexual orientation do NOT influence who is chosen as a winner.
A winning video will be shared each FRIDAY evening on Facebook.com/SmokyLakeMaple from March 16 – April 6, 2018. We will also announce the winners on this page. If you are announced as a winner, you are required to send us a private message on Facebook or email Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org within two (2) weeks of the announcement to claim your prize. You will need to send us your first and last name, email address and mailing address. We may ask you a few quick questions to confirm that you meet our eligibility requirements. Failing to communicate with us within the two (2) week time frame means you must forfeit your prize. The dollar value of your prize will instead be donated to The Livestrong Foundation.
Rules and Other Details:
- Each qualifying video entry is eligible to win that week’s prize, and will also remain in the pool of eligible videos for the remainder of the contest. So enter early for the most opportunities to win.
- It is also possible for NO prize to be awarded in a given week if there are no new videos submitted or if the videos submitted do not “make the grade”. In this scenario, the judges may choose to postpone awarding that week’s prize or skip that week altogether.
- If Smoky Lake Maple Products chooses a winner, but that winner is then later proven to have been ineligible, Smoky Lake Maple Products reserves the right to revoke all benefits/rewards.
- There is NO LIMIT to the number of videos you submit as long as the videos adhere to the Video Guidelines above. Submit as many videos as you wish. We can’t wait to see them!
- If a video entry was created by more than one person, there is still one prize per winning video. If you are the winner, please choose one representative to claim the prize. If we are contacted by more than one representative, we will work with the first one to email Angela.
- You will need a free YouTube and Facebook account to upload/submit the video. (See “How to Submit a Video” above.) Smoky Lake will NOT upload your video for you nor will we provide technical support for videos/social media.
- You do NOT need fancy video equipment to create, edit or submit a video. Using a smartphone is perfectly acceptable.
- Employees, dealers and vendors of Smoky Lake Maple Products and their immediate family members (parent, sibling, spouse or child) are NOT eligible to win.
- By submitting a video in this contest, you are granting Smoky Lake permission to share your video with others. Also, by submitting a video in this contest, you certify that all the individuals who appear in the video have approved of appearing in the video.
- By entering this promotion you agree to release and hold harmless Smoky Lake Maple Products, LLC and each of its respective employees, agents and affiliates from any and all liability for an injury, loss or damage arising from or in connection with any prize won.
- No purchase necessary to win. Void where prohibited.
- Smoky Lake Maple Products reserves the right to modify, clarify or otherwise update these rules at any time without notice.
- The Livestrong Foundation is not an official sponsor or backer of this promotion. They will simply be a beneficiary.
- Although there are many great charities out there, Livestrong was chosen as this promotion’s beneficiary because the organization’s mission statement resonated with us.
We can’t wait to see your videos! Good luck!