It’s time for our 4th annual video contest with bigger weekly prizes than ever before. This year’s theme is HAPPINESS! Show us the things that make your maple season a delight.
Each Friday between March 22 – April 12 the Smoky Lake crew will vote on their favorite video entry and we’ll spin the prize wheel to see what you’ve won. The top prize payout is a $550 gift certificate to be used on SmokyLakeMaple.com. Each prize pay out will also include a donation to a worthy nonprofit. It’s going to be great!
We will spin the wheel each week to determine the prize.
- March 22: TBD. Will YOU be this week’s winner?
- March 29: TBD. Will YOU be this week’s winner?
- April 5: TBD. Will YOU be this week’s winner?
- April 12: TBD. Will YOU be this week’s winner?
How to Submit a Video:
- Upload your video to YouTube. When prompted, give your video an appropriate title/description/tags to help folks find your video in YouTube search results. Make sure the video is set to PUBLIC (not private) so that we can watch it.
- Post a link to your YouTube video on our Facebook page. Do NOT email it to us. Post on our page.
- Write #SLMP2019 in your Facebook post (along with your video link). This will indicate that the video is part of the contest. The hashtag also allows people find your video using Facebook’s search bar.
IMPORTANT: SMOKY LAKE CAN NOT UPLOAD A VIDEO ON YOUR BEHALF. ALSO, SMOKY LAKE CAN NOT TROUBLESHOOT ANYTHING RELATED SUBMITTING A VIDEO. Sorry! We have made an online guide that might help you.
- Two minutes or less. (If your video is longer than 2 minutes, only the first 2 minutes will be judged.)
- Within the video, state your name/location.
- Video must include a shot of Smoky Lake maple equipment in action.
- Video must show what brings you joy during the maple season.
How Winners Are Determined:
The crew at Smoky Lake headquarters will be asked to vote for their favorite video each week. All videos which have been submitted according to the “How to Submit a Video” instructions, abide by the “Video Guidelines” and follow the general contest rules will be considered. Gender, race, religion and sexual orientation do NOT influence who is chosen as a winner.
A winning video will be shared each FRIDAY evening on Facebook.com/SmokyLakeMaple from March 22 – April 12, 2018. We will also announce the winners on this page. If you are announced as a winner, you are required to send Angela a message within two (2) weeks of the announcement to claim your prize. You will need to send us your first and last name, email address and mailing address. We may ask you a few quick questions to confirm that you meet our eligibility requirements. Failing to communicate with us within the two (2) week time frame means you must forfeit your prize.
Rules and Other Details:
- Prize will be granted in the form of a gift code which will be redeemable on SMOKYLAKEMAPLE.COM ONLY. Hence, they can NOT be redeemed on products/orders which are not featured on the website. Expiration date of the gift code will be two years from issue date.
- Each qualifying video entry is eligible to win that week’s prize, and will also remain in the pool of eligible videos for the remainder of the contest. So enter early for the most opportunities to win.
- It is also possible for NO prize to be awarded in a given week if there are no new videos submitted or if the videos submitted are opposed for any reason. In this scenario, the judges may choose to postpone awarding that week’s prize or skip that week altogether.
- If Smoky Lake Maple Products chooses a winner, but that winner is then later proven to have been ineligible, Smoky Lake Maple Products reserves the right to revoke all benefits/rewards.
- There is NO LIMIT to the number of videos you submit as long as the videos adhere to the Video Guidelines above. Submit as many videos as you wish. We can’t wait to see them!
- If a video entry was created by more than one person, there is still one prize per winning video. If you are the winner, please choose one representative to claim the prize. If we are contacted by more than one representative, we will work with the first one to contact Angela.
- You will need a free YouTube and Facebook account to upload/submit the video. (See “How to Submit a Video” above.) Smoky Lake will NOT upload your video for you nor will we provide technical support for videos/social media.
- You do NOT need fancy video equipment to create, edit or submit a video. Using a smartphone is perfectly acceptable.
- Employees, dealers and vendors of Smoky Lake Maple Products and their immediate family members (parent, sibling, spouse or child) are NOT eligible to win.
- By submitting a video in this contest, you are granting Smoky Lake permission to share your video with others. Also, by submitting a video in this contest, you certify that all the individuals who appear in the video have approved of appearing in the video.
- By entering this promotion you agree to release and hold harmless Smoky Lake Maple Products, LLC and each of its respective employees, agents and affiliates from any and all liability for an injury, loss or damage arising from or in connection with any prize won.
- No purchase necessary to win. Void where prohibited.
- Smoky Lake Maple Products reserves the right to modify, clarify or otherwise update these rules at any time without notice.
- The charities referenced in this promotion were not asked to be spokespeople, endorsers or promoters of our company or this contest. They will simply be a beneficiary.
Raising Money for Charity
For each week of this promotion, Smoky Lake Maple Products will donate $100 to 4 Paws For Ability, a top-rated charity on Charity Navigator. The mission of this organization is:
to enrich the lives of children and veterans with disabilities by the training and placement of service dogs to provide them with companionship and promote independent living; educate the public to accept the use of service dogs in public places.charitynavigator.org
We can’t wait to see your videos! Good luck!