NOTICE: THE DATES OF THIS CONTEST HAVE BEEN UPDATED!
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO ENTRY BY APRIL 20. FINAL JUDGING IS ON APRIL 21.
Enter for a chance to WIN a $700 gift certificate for SmokyLakeMaple.com! (Details below)
Create an original short video highlighting your Smoky Lake Maple Products (see video guidelines below). After posting your video on social media, simply fill out the Official Entry Form below. (Last possible date to enter is Thursday, APRIL 20, but enter early for the best chance to win!)
Each Friday from March 31 – APRIL 21, 2023, the Smoky Lake crew will select their favorite video entry out of all those that have been submitted up to that point. Each week, a winner will be awarded a $700 gift certificate for SmokyLakeMaple.com.
For EVERY eligible video that is submitted in the contest, Smoky Lake will donate $5 to the conservation efforts at Riveredge Nature Center in Saukville, Wisconsin.
Thanks in advance for participating! We look forward to this every year!
UPDATE: DATES OF THIS CONTEST HAVE BEEN REVISED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO BY APRIL 20.
How To Enter:
- Upload & share your Smoky Lake video to any one of the following social media platforms.
- TicTok, YouTube or Instagram
- Your video needs to be PUBLIC (not private) so that our judges can see it. Also, folks everywhere will want to watch/share/enjoy what you have created.
- Please keep your video posted/available for viewing throughout the duration of the entire contest.
- Smoky Lake will NOT upload videos on your behalf and we cannot offer social media tech support. Nope. We won’t. Seriously. Thank you for understanding that we are focused on filling orders right now.
- For each video you create/upload to social media, please fill out the Video Entry Form below. (Fill out the form ONLY ONCE for each video.)
Video Entry Form:
This contest has concluded. We are no longer accepting new entries.
General Video Guidelines:
- Two minutes or less. (If it is longer, we may not watch the entire thing.)
- Within the video, please state your name/location (We just need to confirm it’s indeed your video).
- Video must celebrate Smoky Lake in some way. (ie. We love seeing folks who are having fun/success with OUR equipment.)
- An entry form must be filled out for all entries.
NOTE: All entries must abide by the Video Guidelines and Contest Rules. Gender, race, religion and sexual orientation will NOT influence who is chosen as a winner.
- Prize will be granted in the form of a gift code which will be redeemable on SMOKYLAKEMAPLE.COM ONLY. This gift code MUST be entered at the time of purchase. Hence, the gift code can NOT be redeemed on products/orders which are not featured on the website, cannot be applied toward older orders, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Expiration date of the gift code will be one year from issue date.
- Whoever fills out the entry form must also be identified in the video. This is how we confirm that the video you are submitting belongs to you.
- This contest is all about Smoky Lake. Videos which showcase our competitors’ equipment will put us to sleep, and hence will not be considered.
- You do NOT need fancy video equipment to create, edit or submit a video. Using a smartphone is perfectly acceptable. Let’s just have fun!
- Each qualifying video entry will also remain in the pool of eligible videos for the entirety of the contest. Enter early for the most opportunities to win. DO NOT resubmit your video weekly.
- It is indeed possible for NO prize to be awarded if there are no new videos submitted or if our judges oppose the existing entries for any reason. In this scenario, the judges may choose to postpone judging in order to allow time for more entries to be submitted. So far in the history of Smoky Lake video contests, we have never had to completely cancel a week of judging and we hope we never will.
- If Smoky Lake Maple Products chooses a winner, but that winner is later proven to have been ineligible, Smoky Lake Maple Products reserves the right to revoke all benefits/rewards.
- There is NO LIMIT to the quantity of videos you submit as long as the videos adhere to the Video Guidelines. Submit as many unique videos as you wish. We can’t wait to see them!
- One prize per winning video.
- You will need one free social media account of your choice to upload and publicly share your video. (Examples of accepted social media platforms: TicTok, YouTube, Instagram) Smoky Lake will NOT upload your video for you nor can we provide technical support for videos/social media. Sorry! We are focused on filling orders right now!
- Starting March 13, we have removed Facebook as an option for uploading your video. The reason is because Facebook has a lot more complex privacy settings that seem to be causing problems and confusion. We need videos to be public and viewable for the entire duration of the contest. To simplify, please use TicTok, YouTube or Instagram for sharing your videos. You will provide a link to your video on your entry form.
- Employees, dealers and vendors of Smoky Lake Maple Products and their immediate family members (parent, sibling, spouse or child) are NOT eligible to win.
- By submitting a video in this contest, you are granting Smoky Lake permission to share your video with others and reference it in their marketing materials.
- By submitting a video in this contest, you guarantee that YOU have obtained proper written permission of everyone appearing in your video. If there are minors in your video, YOU are responsible for receiving written consent from their legal guardians.
- By entering this promotion you agree to release and hold harmless Smoky Lake Maple Products, LLC and each of its respective employees, agents and affiliates from any and all liability for an injury, loss or damage arising from or in connection with any prize won.
- This promotion is void where prohibited.
- Smoky Lake Maple Products reserves the right to modify, clarify or otherwise update these rules at any time without notice.
Judging and Winners:
JUDGING: Each Friday between March 31 – APRIL 21, the crew at Smoky Lake headquarters will be asked to vote for their favorite videos out of all the videos which have been submitted up to that point. In other words, enter early for the most chances to win! [NOTE: DATES OF THE CONTEST WERE OFFICIALLY UPDATED ON APRIL 17. THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK OF THIS CONTEST]
ANNOUNCING WINNERS: The winners will be announced on Facebook as well as below on this web page, the day following judging (each Saturday).
Angela will also reach out to the entry’s contact person using the email address that was provided on the entry form. Please reply to Angela via email within 2 weeks in order to claim your prize.
WEEK 1 WINNER = Katey Schrauth
Judge Comments About Katey’s Video:
- Judge 1: Woa! Back up. Did you see that wood pile?
- Judge2: Wow! Everything is so clean!
- Judge 3: See her reflection in the stainless? See how genuinely happy she looks?
- Judge 4: Nice! They have that thing ripping!
- Judge 5: What are these music lyrics? Oh! Oh my! I like it. Very applicable to the situation.
- Judge 6: That IS hot! Play it again!
WEEK 2 WINNER = Andrew Gauvain
Judge Comments About Andrew’s Video:
- Judge 1: Nice! Family! Check out that crew. Smiles. I love it.
- Judge 2: Good. Slow and steady draw off. Just like we advise.
- Judge 3: Cool. We don’t normally get to see this part. (Customer assembling the Dauntless Arch)
- Judge 4: This is my kind of music.
- Judge 5: Looks like they made some great memories.
- Judge 6: They actually stuck to the Smoky Lake theme throughout the entire video. They even spelled our name correctly.
WEEK 3 WINNER = Doug and Brenda Haybarker
Judge Comments About Doug and Brenda’s Video:
- Judge 1: Great to see kids outside and participating in nature.
- Judge 2: Looks like they are doing a lot of things right!
- Judge 3: Neat to see the variety of equipment being used.
- Judge 4: What a neat kid! She was right there helping for the entire process.
WEEK 4 WINNER = Mark Metzger
Judge Comments About Mark Metzger’s Video:
- Judge 1: Wait. Is that…him? Who? Is that?
- Judge 2: Eh. Did he do something different with his hair?
- Judge 3: Well, we were hoping for something “different” and I think we got it.
- Judge 4: How is he keeping a straight face right now?
- Judge 5: So wait. He has two running at once?
Raising Money for Charity
For every eligible video submitted to the contest, Smoky Lake will make a $5 donation to Riveredge Nature Center in Saukville, Wisconsin.
To support conservation through education that awakens curiosity, engages the body, and explores connections to nature for all generations.riveredgenaturecenter.org/mission-vision-values
How Did We Select This Nonprofit?
Riveredge Nature Center is known and loved in our community for their commitment to conservation and education. We recognize their staff as being energetic and passionate about their mission. We have attended many of Riveredge’s special events over the years and we have toured their beautiful facility.
In addition, our charitable beneficiaries are always required to pass a third party vetting process. We do this to ensure that our donations have meaningful, positive impact, and we are good stewards of our charitable dollars.
Smoky Lake Maple Products is not directly affiliated with Riveredge Nature Center, but we are proud to have had the opportunity to work with them via their maple program. We support their mission and are excited to have this opportunity to reciprocate.