Smoky Lake is seeking a trustworthy, self-starting and enthusiastic team member for general bookkeeping and office assistance 10 – 20 hours per week. (If you are looking for more hours than this, please don’t rule us out! We could potentially expand this position to include additional responsibilities for a full time position.) This position includes but is not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales tax, and preparation for end of year tax reporting. Candidates must have have stellar communication skills — both verbal and written — and a solid understanding of QuickBooks is required. Must be willing to independently learn new skills whenever necessary. Schedule and hours are extremely flexible, but we do require all bookkeeping work to be performed on site.
- Check receipts against credit card statements
- Enter accurate information into QuickBooks
- Quarterly sales tax
- Alert owner of questionable credit card charges and file claims if necessary
- Maintain list of fixed assets
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis
- Provide reports to our CPA periodically throughout the year
- Enter invoices/estimates/purchase orders
- Send past due notices to customers
- Provide a monthly report to owners
- Acquire W9 from new vendors
- Email mail-order customers when their payments have been received
- Enter mail orders into the system for fulfillment
- Provide statements and receipts to customers
- File shipping damage claims and follow up when necessary
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency or increase margins
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and PTO
- Flexible schedule
TO APPLY please send resume and cover letter to Angela Schumacher at email@example.com. Make sure to state why you are interested in this position and why you would be a good fit. Also, please acknowledge that you know where Hilbert is located and driving to our shop will not be a problem for you.
Since 2010, Smoky Lake Maple Products has been a manufacturer of premium stainless steel equipment used in the maple syrup industry. (Evaporators, bottlers, filtering units, etc.) Our unique products are internationally recognized for their unparalleled craftsmanship and attention to detail. We guarantee there is plenty of work to keep us all busy year round, though our high season runs from November through May. There are currently nine of us working full time and we are growing rapidly. We are centrally located and within driving distance from Plymouth, Manitowoc, Green Bay and Appleton.