The Fabrication and MIG Welder is responsible for measuring, cutting and welding large scale steel equipment which will be used in the maple industry. This is an elite position which requires high standards and a pursuit for excellence in both craftsmanship and conduct. Must work well in a team environment, take pride in work and communicate clearly with other team members. Existing knowledge and experience with MIG welding is a plus, but we will provide a significant amount of on-the-job training regardless.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We are currently a 5-person company which designs and manufactures stainless steel equipment for the maple industry. (Large scale evaporators, bottlers, filtering units, etc) We just recently moved to a brand new facility in Hilbert, Wisconsin and we are growing very rapidly. In fact, we are already working on a new addition for the building. Our customers range from hobbyists to professional maple syrup producers. We have a lot of big ideas already in motion but are seeking additional craftsmen to help us accelerate production.
- Measure, cut, form, assemble, MIG weld, polish, paint etc stainless steel parts and packing materials
- Read and understand blueprints or other written instruction.
- Protect metal from scratches and other potential imperfections.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Suggest and/or develop tools or methods which will make the manufacturing more efficient or precise.
- Learn how the end products are used so that you can detect/predict functionality issues.
- Inspect work for any imperfections.
- Double check blueprints for new products.
Maintenance / Safety
- Operate tools in a safe/efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean, safe and presentable work station/environment.
- Assist other team members or departments when necessary.
- Maintain the facility/tools.
- Time and a half pay for overtime worked
- Paid vacation and PTO
- 3-day weekends during the summer (off season)
- Health insurance is negotiable
- Work with awesome people and love your job
We encourage our employees to set goals and challenge themselves. By doing this, we believe your job will be more enjoyable and you will feel more fulfilled. Please let us know if you are interested in expanding to learn more about welding, new product development or sales. There are many directions in which you can grow at Smoky Lake Maple Products.
If you are interested in this job, please send your qualifications to Angela at email@example.com.