The focus of the Fabrication and Assembly position is to craft premium stainless steel equipment which will be used in the maple syrup industry. Responsibilities include shearing, profiling, forming and otherwise preparing stainless steel parts for our welding department. Duties would also include assembly/inspection of non-welded items. This is a full-time, 1st shift position. This position demands a pursuit for excellence in both craftsmanship and conduct. Must work well in a team environment and communicate clearly with other team members.
This position is open both to candidates with experience in manufacturing/fabrication as well as entry-level candidates who would require more extensive training. Pay rate would be determined in part by an individual’s experience as well as the skills demonstrated during their introductory period of employment. Regardless, we want individuals who are seeking to establish a long-term career at Smoky Lake Maple Products and who desire to be a part of an award-winning team.
- Cut, profile and form stainless steel parts.
- Assemble non-welded equipment.
- Read and follow blueprints or other written instruction.
- Inspect finished products.
- Polish welds and fix blemishes on maple equipment.
- Develop and/or test new equipment.
- Take measures to protect metal from scratches and other potential imperfections.
- Operate tools in a safe/efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean, safe and presentable work station.
- Assist other team members or departments when necessary.
Secondary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Cutting and forming parts
- Packaging finished orders
- Fixing tools/equipment
- Picking up materials from vendors
- Cleaning and organizing
- Assisting customers
- Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Overtime pay
- Career advancement opportunities
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid PTO
- Health Insurance
- Flexible schedule
TO APPLY please send resume and cover letter to Angela Schumacher at email@example.com. Make sure to state why you are interested in this position and why you would be a good fit. Also, please acknowledge that you know where Hilbert is located and driving to our shop will not be a problem for you.
Since 2010, Smoky Lake Maple Products has been a manufacturer of premium stainless steel equipment used in the maple syrup industry. (Evaporators, bottlers, filtering units, etc.) Our unique products are internationally recognized for their unparalleled craftsmanship and attention to detail. We guarantee there is plenty of work to keep us all busy year round, though our high season runs from November through May. There are currently nine of us working full time and we are growing rapidly. We are centrally located and within driving distance from Plymouth, Manitowoc, Green Bay and Appleton.