The Fabrication & Utility Associate is responsible for fabricating stainless steel products, assisting with packaging and aiding with other miscellaneous needs as they arise.
This is an elite position which requires high standards and a pursuit for excellence in both craftsmanship and conduct. Must work well in a team environment, take pride in work and communicate clearly with other team members.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We are currently a 5-person company which designs and manufactures stainless steel equipment for the maple industry. (Large scale evaporators, bottlers, filtering units, etc) We just recently moved to a brand new facility in Hilbert, Wisconsin and we are growing very rapidly. In fact, we are already working on a new addition for the building. Our customers range from hobbyists to professional operations. We have a lot of big ideas already in motion but we are seeking additional team members to accelerate our new product development and also assist with miscellaneous tasks as described below.
- Measure, cut, form etc stainless steel parts and packing materials
- Read and understand blueprints or other written instruction.
- Polish and clean welds/blemishes on welded products.
- Take measures to protect metal from scratches and other potential imperfections.
- Inspect equipment for quality control.
- Must be able to read a tape measurer.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. safely
- Protect against shipping damage
- Include applicable literature with shipments
- Double check packages for accuracy
- Label the packages after taping them closed
- Assist loading/unloading freight
Maintenance / Safety
- Operate tools in a safe/efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean, safe and presentable work station/environment.
- Assist other team members or departments when necessary.
- Maintain the facility/tools
- Time and a half pay for overtime worked
- Paid vacation and PTO
- 3-day weekends during the summer (off season)
- Health insurance is negotiable
- Work with awesome people and love your job
We encourage our employees to set goals and challenge themselves. By doing this, we believe your job will be more enjoyable and you will feel more fulfilled. Please let us know if you are interested in expanding to learn more about welding, new product development or sales. There are many directions in which you can grow at Smoky Lake Maple Products.
If you are interested in this job, please send your qualifications to Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to mention any certifications such as a CDL or Forklift Certification.