Now the supreme quality and performance of American-made evaporators from Smoky Lake Maple Products can be enjoyed by the smallest hobby level maple syrup producer on the most modest of budgets. We’ve achieved this feat through large scale mass production of a proven, bolt-together design. Assembly is made easy through precision fitment of quality parts. Best of all, the Dauntless is built as an expandable platform, allowing the evaporator’s production rate to be increased as the operator’s tap count increases.
Just like the larger, professional-grade Evaporators offered by Smoky Lake, the Dauntless features an insulated airtight door, forcing combustion air to be drawn through the fire from underneath while keeping cold air from leaking in and cooling the underside of the pans. The Dauntless arch is even 100% insulated with 1″ thick ceramic fiber insulation. This channels the heat into the sap while keeping the sides of the arch at a safe temperature. The combustion chamber is then lined with cut-free firebrick to ensure longevity.
The producer has the option to crown the Dauntless arch with any one of three styles of 20″ wide x 4′ long pan systems. The three pan systems, can be swapped out at any time as the maple producer’s needs change or their tap count grows. The versatility of the Dauntless is unmatched by any other brand. Dauntless allows the producer to buy the arch (firebox) one time, then make smaller investments/upgrades/adjustments as their needs change.Product Support
How Is Dauntless Shipped?
The Smoky Lake Dauntless is typically shipped via FedEx Ground or SpeeDee Delivery. Exceptions include preassembled Arches or Dauntless with All-In-One Hybrid Pan, which typically travel with our White Glove Carriers.
The Arch (AKA Firebox) comes packed in two cardboard crates as described below. Pans and accessories (when applicable) are packaged separately from the Arch.
ARCH BOX 1 = 20″ x 4.5″ x 48.5″
- Front Panel
- Riser Panels, qty 2, These pieces are NOT identical in size.
- Back Panel
- Damper Slide
- Floor Panel
- Side Panels, qty 2
- Insulation for Front Panel
- Insulation for Back Panel
- Insulation for Front Sides, qty 2
- ASSEMBLY GUIDE (Located in an envelope, in between the floor panel and an insulation piece)
- You will also find a protective sheet of chip board inside this box. This is a component of the packaging and not a component of your arch.
ARCH BOX 2 = 12.5″ x 9.5″ x 48″
- Door (Wrapped to the grates)
- Handle (Wrapped to the grates)
- Arch Paint, qty 4 (Wrapped to the underside of the grates)
- Base Halves, qty 2
- Hardware Pack (Wrapped to the grates)
- Emblem Pack (Wrapped to the grates)
- Guy Tie (Located at the end of the box, by the grates)
- Elbow (Located inside the stack pipe)
- Stack Pipe, qty 4
- Insulation for Door, qty 2, These pieces are NOT identical in size. (Wrapped to the grates)
- Insulation for Floor (Wrapped around the stack pipe)
- Insulation for Back Sides, qty 2 (Located inside the stack pipe)
- You will also find a protective piece of plywood inside this box. This is a component of the packaging and not a component of your arch.