Differences Between Our 2018 and 2019 Flat Pan Models
- Level Assist: The end panels of the 2019 Flat Pan model include a full-length, 2-inch depth mark. This allows the pans to be leveled without the need for any other tool. Simply fill the pans to the line with sap and make sure the liquid’s surface is even to the 2-inch depth mark on both ends of the pan.
- Thermometer Ports are optional on 2018 pans and standard on 2019 pans
- Thermometer Plugs are sold separately for 2018 pans but are included standard with 2019 pans
Standard Flat Pan Features
|2′ x 2′|
|22-gauge, mirror finish stainless steel|
|TIG welded (NEVER soldered)|
|Draw-off port size||3/4″|
|Stainless steel, Full Port Draw-Off Valve|
|Maple Thermometer (3″ dial, 0 – 50 scale)||Optional Add-On|
|Handcrafted in Wisconsin, USA|
|Lifetime limited warranty on welds|
Additional accessories are available separately.
An Elite Maple Syrup Pan.
When comparing us to competitor pans, be sure to look at the details. We are confident you will find Smoky Lake to be much higher value if you know what you are looking for.
- Is their draw-off port welded from the inside of the pan to ensure sanitation? (We ALWAYS include sanitary draw off ports.)
- Is their pan easy to handle? (Ours have full length, built-in handles).
- Does the competitor pan have a thermometer port? (This is an option on any size 2018 Flat Pan by Smoky Lake.)
- Does the competitor’s gauge of stainless steel deliver optimal heat transfer? (Thicker gauges of stainless steel equate to less efficient boiling. Most competitors find it too difficult to weld our more optimal 22 ga. stainless steel. For this reason, the competitor will try telling you that they use thicker metal in order to make the pan “more durable”. Let us assure you, of the hundreds of pans Smoky Lake has sold, we have never had an issue with our pan strength.)
- Is their pan hand crafted in the USA? (Smoky Lake artisans build all of our flat pans right here in Hilbert, Wisconsin.)
- How will your pan be shipped? (We have produced custom, double reinforced, foam lined, cardboard crates for each of our pans. We treat these pans like works of art that they are. When purchased through the website, all shipping is free. Shipping insurance is also free and automatically included. We ship these pans either via FedEx or SpeeDee Delivery depending on your location and package weight. You will be emailed a tracking number as soon as it is available to us.)
- Will the pan come with instructions? (We offer instruction sheets for all our Smoky Lake Flat Pans. Each guide includes great tips for safe and efficient boiling.)
Need a custom size? No problem. Contact us for more information.
Accessories Sold Separately:
A thermometer helps you monitor the status of your syrup while you are boiling. Syrup finishes at 7º above the temperature of boiling water as indicated by the large, bold 7 marker on the thermometer’s face.