Oh no! Is the anticipation killing you? We do appreciate your excitement! Please know that we are just as excited to fulfill our order as you are to receive it. We are doing our best to serve you.
Things to Consider BEFORE Canceling:
More than once over the years, we have had a customer cancel their order, only to regret their decision a short time later. Please consider the following points BEFORE you make your final decision. If this article can prevent any unnecessary regret, then it has done its job!
- YOU ARE IN A GREAT POSITION: If you already have an order in our system, that means you are currently in a much more favorable position than someone who is just placing their order today! Behind the scenes, our production is always moving right along as swiftly as can be expected and your order is always moving closer to completion. Please understand that if you cancel your order, we cannot continue reserving your place in the queue. Canceling means you will need to forfeit your position to someone else.
- DISCOUNTS AND EARLY BIRD PRICING: If you had locked in lower pricing at the time of ordering, we cannot guarantee the same pricing today or in the future. See website for current pricing.
- RESEARCH YOUR ALTERNATIVES: As your partner in maple, we recommend having your “Plan B” in place, BEFORE you cancel your order. Also, never sell your old equipment before having your new equipment in hand. Lead times are NOT unique to Smoky Lake. Making the sacrifice to go with an alternate manufacturer will NOT necessarily shorten your lead times.
- OTHER OPTIONS: Sometimes, certain customizations can increase lead times. You may also want to give us a shout and see if there is an alternative configuration that could help speed up your order.
- SHIPPING VS PICK UP: In some cases, you may be able to acquire your freight deliveries sooner if you opt pick up at our headquarters in Hilbert, Wisconsin. Our freight orders most often travel with a white glove carrier to ensure safest transport and the best experience for our customers. However, our white glove carriers sometimes experience back log too. If picking up your freight at Smoky Lake Headquarters, please contact us to schedule a pick up time.
To discuss a cancellation, please call us during business hours at (920) 202-4500 or contact us any time through email. We are always happy to help you.
Below, we explain how refunds are calculated on Custom equipment vs Standard equipment.
Refunds for Standard Equipment:
For standard equipment, as long as your order hasn’t made it to our shipping department, you are free to cancel or modify your order. When cancelling an order or a product, we will refund all but a nominal 5% processing fee which helps cover our non-recoverable expenses such as credit card processing fees.
Refunds for Custom Equipment:
As you would expect, deposits for custom projects are nonrefundable. In some cases, the total cost that we had invested in your order may exceed your deposit payment. You will be responsible for the cost of all labor, materials and special order parts that have been incurred up to that point.