- Strike lightly. Excessive hammering will cause damage to the spout and reduce its ability to remain in place. You can compare the force needed to tap the sap spouts / adaptors to that of hammering a small finishing nail.
- When the spout is sufficiently seated in the tree, you will hear the tapping sound from the hammer change to a subtly flatter thud.
- The sap spout should not be distorted in order to remain flexible and respond well to periods of freezing and thawing.
- Alcohol is NOT recommended on this polycarbonate material.
- Tap hole for this spout should be about 1/4″ diameter. Suggested drill bit would be SKU DSD-35M01225
Smoky Lake is an official dealer of DSD International products.