- Always apply Teflon tape or sealing compound to the 1″ NPT threads to prevent binding and enhance seal.
- Mount the unit in a horizontal position with the sensing element facing upwards.
- The coils should always be immersed in liquid.
- Never force the knob to turn past the limit stop.
- The unit is heating when the pilot light is on.
- It is possible for this heating element to boil liquid. Please watch the thermometer on your bottling unit and make sure that the thermostat is set at the appropriate heat.
- Never immerse or spray the head of the heating element.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The normal range that the dial should be able to turn is from about 0 to 10.
- The numbers on the dial are reference points. The numbers do not represent specific temperatures.
- In ambient air when turning the dial clockwise from 0, the indicator light is expected to turn on between the numbers 2 – 4. (Never leave the heater plugged in unless the element is covered in liquid.)