- ATTENTION: Paint will give off fumes and smoke until fully cured. Open windows, doors and use fans to provide fresh air. Avoid breathing smoke and fumes.
- Vapor harmful. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausea. Causes nose and throat irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin. Do not puncture or incinerate (burn) container.
- Exposure to heat or prolonged exposure to sun may cause bursting. Do not expose to heat or store at temperatures above 120°F.
- NOTICE: Repeated and prolonged exposure to solvents may cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. May cause liver and kidney damage. In addition, inhaling the concentrated contents is harmful and may be fatal.
- Vapors may ignite explosively. Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off stoves, heaters, electric motors and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Prevent build-up of vapors by opening all windows and doors to achieve cross-ventilation. Use only with adequate ventilation. Do not breathe vapors or spray mist. Ensure fresh air entry during application, drying, and the first three burns.
- If you experience eye watering, headache or dizziness or if air monitoring demonstrates vapor/mist levels are above applicable limits, wear an appropriate, properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) during and after application. Failure to wear proper respiratory protection may result in permanent brain and nervous system damage. Follow the respirator manufacturer’s directions for respirator use. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Do not discard empty container in home garbage compactor or incinerator.
- FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes or skin with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention immediately. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call physician immediately.
HOW TO APPLY THIS PAINT
Prepare the metal by removing dust, dirt, grease, rust. Then clean with Acetone. (Do not use Paint Thinner or Mineral Spirits). Remove loose paint by abrasion.
WARNING! If you sand, scrape or remove lead paint from any surface, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Hotline at (800) 424-LEAD or visit epa.gov/lead.
Shake can vigorously for two minutes. Apply two or three light coats, holding thecan 12 inches from the part in smooth strokes. Wait 10 minutes between coats. (NOTE: For outdoor equipment, four light coats are recommended.) The surface, air and paint temperatures should be between 60°F – 90°F. Do not assemble or fire the unit for at least two hours after painting.
Allow 4 or more hours of dry time before your first fire. For wood-burning evaporators, on your first firing, build a small kindling fire to start and keep it burning for 10 to 15 minutes. Next, add fuel to build a medium size fire to bring the stove surface temperature to about 450° for about 60 minutes. For the final stage of curing, add fuel to create a very hot fire (surface temperature above 600°F) and keep it at this level for about 60 minutes.
The paint will give off fumes and smoke during initial burns. Open windows and doors, and use fans to provide fresh air while curing. Fumes should not continue after 3 burns.
See the Manufacturer User Guide or call (800) 537-7201 for more details/questions.
Acetone (67-64-1), Toluene (108-88-3), Butane (106-97-8), Propane (74-98-6). May also contain Dimethyl carbonate (616-38-6), n-Butyl alcohol (71-36-3), Xylene (1330-20-7), Aluminum (7429-90-5), Petroleum distillates (8052-41-3, 64742-95-6, 64742-48-9), Iron oxide (1309-37-1), Copper chromite black spinel (68186-91-4), Chromium (III) oxide (1308-38-9), Carbon black (1333-86-4), Mica (12001-26-2), 2-Butoxyethanol (111-76-2), Titanium dioxide (13463-67-7), Diacetone alcohol (123-42-2), Manganese ferrite spinal (75864-23-2), Manganese antimony titanium buff rutile (68412-38-4), Ethyl benzene (100-41-4), Isopropanol (67-63-0), Cobalt aluminate blue spinal (1345-16-0), Methyl ethyl ketoxime (96-29-7), Cobalt carboxylate (136-52-7).