Nutrition facts label must declare the number of servings that the bottle contains, so there are different labels for different size bottles. The serving size is always 1/4 cup (2 oz.) (60ml) regardless of the size of the bottle.
|Bottle Size||Servings Per Container|
|8 oz. bottle||4 servings per bottle|
|12 oz. bottle||6 servings per bottle|
|16 oz. bottle||8 servings per bottle|
|32 oz. bottle||16 servings per bottle|
Other Labeling Requirements
- Make sure to include your name and physical location address on the back of each bottle. Many folks simply pop a return address sticker on the back of each bottle and away they go.
- You should also have a nice, clean label on the front of your package. It should stand out from your competition, say “Maple Syrup”, and also list Net Volume on the bottom 1/3 of the panel.
Cited Data Sources
- “Clean Eating. The New Healthy.”, author: butterballfoodservice.com, article web address: butterballfoodservice.com/resource-center/infographics/clean-eating/, cited on 6-17-19
- “How Many People Have Gluten Sensitivity?”, author: Jane Anderson, article web address: verywellhealth.com/how-many-people-have-gluten-sensitivity-562965, cited on 6-17-19
- “Do Customers Really Care About Your Environmental Impact?”, author: Adam Butler, article web address: forbes.com/sites/forbesnycouncil/2018/11/21/do-customers-really-care-about-your-environmental-impact/#31df0a26240d, cited 6-17-19
- “Sustainability Sells. Linking Sustainability Claims to Sales.”, author: nielson.com, article web address: nielsen.com/us/en/insights/news/2018/sustainability-sells-linking-sustainability-claims-to-sales.html, cited 6-18-19