Benefits of Using a Stack Thermometer
- Fuel efficiency
- Training tool – Teach new folks to run the evaporator
- Assessment of wood quality
- More consistent boiling / draw-offs
Variables That Affect Stack Temperature
- Placement of the Stack Thermometer Probe in the stack
(Install the probe in the first section of round pipe OR higher. The higher the installation, the lower the temp.)
- Length of the evaporator
(Longer evaporators tend to have lower stack temperatures.)
- Flat Pan vs Flue Pan
- Quantity and quality of firewood
- Quality of the insulation in the arch
WARNING! Do You Have A Corsair Evaporator with Flat or Divided Pan?
If so, you MUST install the probe of this Stack Temperature Thermometer in the 3rd section of round pipe OR HIGHER!