- What Is the Benefit Of The Vacuum System?
- This system accelerates filtration speed of the traditional, gravity-style Flat Filters in a 16 x 16 Smoky Lake Steam Bottler.
- Which Maple Producers Are The Best Candidates For This Type Of Filtration System?
- This system is best for maple producers who are running under 300 taps. The system is modular and can be added to any 16 x 16 Smoky Lake Steam Bottlers at any time. This system allows folks who already have a gravity Steam Bottler system to increase their efficiency very economically, a great option for anyone who isn’t quite ready to upgrade to a Filter Press.
- Will You Be Releasing A Similar Vacuum System For the 12 x 12 Steam Bottlers?
- This system is designed specifically for the 16 x 16 Steam Bottler. There are many reasons behind this. For example, the amount of surface area in the 16 x 16 Steam Bottler offers the optimal performance. A 12’x12″ version of the vacuum applicator will not be forthcoming.
- Why Is This Vacuum System’s PreCut Filter Set Smaller (14 x 14) Compared To This Same Steam Bottler’s Gravity Filters (18 x 18)?
- For this Vacuum System, the Flat Filter Set needs to be able to lay flat on the bottom of the Filter Tray in order for all of the system’s components to fit together perfectly. In contrast, when you are filtering with gravity, the Flat Filter Set needs to be larger in order to create a bowl shape within the Filter tray. When the vacuum applicator is used, the pressure frame makes a positive seal, disallowing syrup from leaking around the filters.
- How Does The Syrup Clarity Compare When Using The Vacuum Applicator Versus A Stainless Steel Filter Press?
- The Stainless Steel Filter Press is still king when it comes to clarity and filtering efficiency. This Vacuum Applicator will help to expedite the process of filtering with Flat Filters. Smoky Lake Steam Bottlers — regardless of being used with vacuum or simple gravity — continue to be a trusted, versatile tool for producing clean and beautiful maple syrup.